Monday, May 21, 2012

Friend Makin Monday

I haven’t participated in one of these for a while, this looks like a fun one to join in on Smile.

image

 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Three Things

1. Three of your favorite movies:

Ok, cheating already on #1 lol, but I honestly don’t have “favorite” movies. I love watching movies but don’t really like watching them more than once so I can’t really say I have specific favorites. As long as it’s not a boring Drama or some gang type thing, I’m not too picky when it comes to movies.

2. Three of your favorite things to drink:

- coffee
- Diet Pepsi
- Iced Capp/Iced Coffee

3. Three of your favorite songs:

- Open Arms by Journey(my wedding song)
Besides that one song I absolutely LOVE so many songs I couldn’t possibly pick favorites….love Country and classic rock especially.

4. Three people who have recently been a positive influence on your life (outside of your family):

- ugh, cheating again. I have so little interaction with people who are not family.

5. Three things you to do keep yourself entertained:

- watching TV and hanging out with my kids and hubby
- Reading blogs
- sitting around the fire with my family

6. Three things you’re attracted to in the opposite sex:

- sense of humor
- respect for others
- hard work ethic and desire to take care of loved ones

7. Three things you love about yourself:

- My common sense
- I’m a good cook
- My big heart

8. The last three people who text messaged you:

- some scammer garbage
- my husband
- my Cell phone company  (I rarely use text) 

9. Three things you’re looking forward to this week:

- Wednesday, my husbands first day off of the week
- Friday, my husbands second day off of the week
- Saturday, my husbands third day off of the week(he works longer shifts so gets 3 days off a week)

10. Three wishes specifically for yourself…What are they? (Be selfish, and be honest.)

- to own my own beautiful house with a huge kitchen and yard
- to lose 20lbs or have no more skin problems(I’d be extremely happy with one or the other of those)
- to have my kids get out of their moody teen stage so I can be loving and fun Mom all the time and not have to be “mean” or “angry” Mom ever again

11. Three of your favorite quotes:

Not really a quote kind of person, I repin some on pinterest that I like, but not a memorize and requote anything kind of person.

12. Three of your biggest fears:

- losing someone I love
- leaving my family without me(ok, as you can see from those top two death scares me, big time)
- driving

13. Three of your favorite TV shows:

- Castle
- Fringe
- Eureka
- Haven
- Parenthood
Oops, that’s more than three…Oh well. (hey, if the one posting it can do it, so can I lol….that’s not even a fraction of my favorites)  

14. Three of your favorite things to purchase when you’re shopping.

- food lol

- organization stuff

- and all equally: shoes, clothes, jewelry, make-up

15. Three things that you enjoyed last week:

- My kids both finished another year of homeschooling, our best one yet!

- My inlaws arrived back home safely in Canada, and to stay, after a hellish experience selling their home in Mexico and a hellish experience at the US border

- Sitting out back around the fire with family, enjoying the night and good company

16. Three things that you always have in your bag or close to you if you’re not a purse kind of person.  

- wallet

- keys

- cell phone

17. Three types of food that you wouldn’t want to give up.

- Steak

- Hamburgers

- Chicken

18. Three things you do to enjoy burning calories:

- sex

- sex

- ok, walking I guess….(what? sorry, I hate exercise but have a great marriage LOL!)

19.  Three things you dislike about blogging:

- Bloggers are so extremely cliquey, feels like I went back 20 years and am in school again lol

- So many bloggers never acknowledge commenters and never even try to check out bloggers that are following and commenting on their blog….I find it rude but see it a lot

- The huge amount of rude people that think it’s ok to comment on your blog criticizing you or what you have to say. I haven’t had it happen on this blog but did once on my last one and I see it happen a LOT on blogs I’m reading. People blog for those with similar beliefs, likes or whatever the blog pertains to. People don’t blog for you to come and debate them, I’m sure there’s the odd blog out there that wants that, but for the most part that is NOT the point of blogging and people need to learn that just because you don’t agree with or like someone does not mean it’s ok to say something or start something, it’s their blog, it’s their space, not yours, if you don’t like it don’t read it and move along and mind your own business. A blog is not the same as a news article you are reading on a news website.

20.  Three ways blogging has changed your life:

- It has given me confidence I never knew I had

- It forces me to keep up with doing things I otherwise would probably not

- It has opened my eyes to the fact that I do and am capable of more than I thought I was(ok, guess that sort of falls under confidence…but still)

Now it’s your turn to answer the questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and have a happy Monday!

Jolene

11 comments:

  1. LOL....Sex will help you lose weight for sure.

    I have a teenager and the attitude sucks out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I wish it really did. I know it's still burning calories, but can't say that it has helped me lose weight lol.

      Ugh, I swear teenagers are bipolar LOL. My youngest technically isn't a teen, but he's 12 so close enough. He's not quite as bad, but my oldest....ohhhh boy!

      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. LOL....Sex will help you lose weight for sure.

    I have a teenager and the attitude sucks out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - how could I forget the best way to burn calories!
    You have close to the same answers as me about what foods you wouldn't want to give up.

    Stopping in from FMM - Hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe!

      mmm, yes, I do love veggies, but meat I could never do without!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about the blogging/commenting stuff...people get awfully brave behind a computer screen in the comments section!

    Stopping by from FMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate mean people :(.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Came by from FMM. Love your wedding song! My husband also usually is off work 3-4 days a week and I look forward to those days even if I have to work b/c that usually means he'll get some random stuff done and/or be in an awesome mood at night (not that he's in a bad mood after work, just more mellow and tired).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      It's nice having that extra day isn't it? Hubby's last job was 10 to 14 hour days 5 to 6 days a week....so I have loved his schedule with this job.

      Delete
  6. hi :) stopping in from FMM! :) I certainly hope your parents were not treated unfairly at the US border. My mom,sister, niece and nephew visited Canada last month and the guy at the border kept looking and my mom and questioning her over and over about why she was coming to Canada, who were the kids with her, etc. etc. come to find out..when they printed my mom's passport they listed her as a MALE instead of a FEMALE!!!! ROFL!! She didnt notice it until after they left Canada and were on their way back home! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

      Unfortunately it was at the US border :(. It was on their way back into the US from Mexico.

      That is funny what happened to your Mom though! LOL! She must have thought the border guard was nuts asking her so much!

      Delete